Try out delicious Turkey Chilli Recipe Turkey contains ‘Tryptophan’ which may help promote good sleep. Tryptophan is a protein which through several processes in the body is able to turn into 5HTP, then Serotonin, then Melatonin our sleep hormone. Eating Tryptophan rich foods before bed will give our bodies the building blocks for our sleep hormone.
1 tbsp olive oil or unscented coconut oil
1 large white onion,
Finely diced 2 carrots,
Finely diced 1 stick of celery,
500g lean turkey mince
2 cloves of garlic,
2 cans of chopped tomatoes
4 tbsp tomato puree
3 different coloured peppers, sliced or use sliced frozen mixed peppers
250g mushrooms sliced.
2-3 tbsp mild chilli powder
2 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp of allspice
1. Warm the oil in a large saucepan. Fry the vegetables for 5 minutes, until the onions are translucent.
2. Add the mince to the pan and fry and until browned.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and heat until simmering.
4. Simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally, adding additional liquid if the mixture gets too dry.
5. Serve with 30 g of wild rice or on a bed of broccoli or any vegetable of choice.